- The Essentials for Rough Diamond Evaluation offers a blended learning experience for students. The programme consists of a Practical and Theoretical component, students are taught to understand the characteristics and qualities of a rough diamond in relation to the Clarity, Cut, Colour and Carat- Weight.
- By completing this programme, the student will be able to, with the necessary time, determination and diligence make meaningful decisions regarding the Evaluation of Rough Diamonds.
- The programme consists of 2 phases:
- Phase 1: Theory done through the online portal, with instructor lead video, interactive quizzes and contact sessions with lecturers.
- Phase 2: 5 Day Practical lab class-based at our premises, where theoretical knowledge will be put to practical application. We make use of a large variety of natural rough diamonds and various other stones.
- Students are provided with the necessary tools and equipment required for the programme during the practical phase. (The tools and equipment remain the school's property.)
- Theory: At your own pace (Course will be available for 3 months after Registration.
- Practical: 5 days Instructor lead sessions (Practical component to be completed within a 6 months period after registration)
- Monday to Friday
- 08:00- 15:00
What will it cost?
The course fee is R11 488.50 (Inclusive of VAT)
- Students are provided with the necessary tools and equipment required for the programme during the practical phase. (The tools and equipment remain the school’s property.)
What will I get?
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Harry Oppenheimer Diamond Training School.
Important information that I need to know?
- You can register at any time for the Theoretical component through our online portal.
- Practical Sessions would have to be pre-booked.
- ID book, driver’s license or passport is required to enter the Building.
- In the event that the programme is not completed within the 6 Months window after registration, a 50% re-registration will be charged.
- Candidate must arrange their own transport and accommodation.
- Strictly no refunds policy