GIA Gem Identification Lab Course
Harry Oppenheimer Diamond Training School facilitates the GIA Gem Identification Lab courses which are presented by professional instructors from the Gemmological Institute of America.
- Required for: GG, Graduate Coloured Stones Diplomas
- In this lab, students practice the same time-tested procedures and identification skills used by the Institute’s renowned gemmological experts.
- Tools used include a microscope, a refractometer with polarizing filter and a removable magnifying eyepiece, refractive index (RI) liquid, a polariscope with an optic figure sphere, a dichroscope, a table model prism spectroscope, a handheld spectroscope, and a loupe.
- Students use these instruments to practice identifying natural gemstones, imitations, and synthetics.
- Along with this hands-on training, your instructors will carefully demonstrate key tests and coach you in quick, effective testing procedures.
- Be sure to read the Chemical Safety Disclosure on the application form.
- Once you have completed the class, you can keep a lab manual, a gem cloth, and a colour grading card.
- GIA Gem Identification Lab
- Dates will be confirm
- 5 Full Days
- 08:00 - 16:00
What will it Cost me?
What will I get?
On successful completion, and all criteria are met, you will receive a letter of completion from GIA.
Important information that I need to know?
- Application must be made in advance as only a limited number of seats are available per class.
- Identification book or passport is required to enter the Diamond Centre.
- Only a limited number of candidates can be accommodated a registration deposit of 50% is payable to secure the candidates place.
- Full course fees to be paid in full before the class commencement.
- Fees are non-refundable after the commencement date.
- Candidate must arrange their own transport and accommodation.
- HODTS cannot be held responsible for time lost due to power failures
Cancellation must be done in writing 5 working days prior to the start date of the course. If not Harry Oppenheimer Diamond Training School will charge for the full course.
Contact us for dates